Sunday, February 20, 2011

Other Artists

Mark Thompson - G. Gibson Gallery




















Realism is an emerging trend. Also, there's something unsettling about the images despite the obvious beauty.



Wennie Huang - Slate Gallery




















I like the use of strange materials, but I do have some concern that it lacks a clear meaning or point.



Todd Hido: Bruce Silverstein Gallery



















I'm not sure about most of his work, but this piece spoke to me in a strange way. I saw something theatrical about it, also something about the history of the places with the tree shadows, and of course isolation versus home.




Michael Wolf: Bruce Silverstein Gallery



















I like this series, particularly this piece, because it raises questions about the haughty taughty nature of art and ownership of famous pieces in our culture.


Joy Curtis: Klaus von Nichtssagend Gallery




















I like the use of found materials. To me, there is some statement about making the best of the failure of the American dream and alike.



James Casebere: Sean Kelly Gallery















His work is impressive for the amount of work in it, and are beautiful for it. It is also somewhat unsettling in the emptiness and blandness.

No comments:

Post a Comment